Updated: Mar 6, 2020
Do you really know who you are or do you pretend to be the person you want people to see?
Recently, I realized that I didn't completely know the difference between the two. I had been striving to live the life of the person I wanted to be for so long that I never paused to ask myself if that's who I genuinely was. I mean, you can want to be Michelle Obama all day, but if you ain't her, you just ain't her!
In addition to that, I was still holding myself hostage to what was true of me last year, even though I've changed every single day in some aspect or another since then. So if change is the only thing that's constant, then why do we assume that what we've known about ourselves our whole lives is still relevant today?
I had to update what I knew about myself. And I want to challenge you to do the same. So here are 40 questions that I'm hoping will help you to rediscover yourself.
1. What are 3 things that you love?
2. What's something you used to be afraid of?
3. What motivates you?
4. What inspires you?
5. Name 2 habits that you have
6. When are you the happiest?
7. What disappoints you the most?
8. What's one thing that you wish you could be?
9. What's something you will do one day?
10. Name 3 things you love the most about yourself?
11. What has changed about you since last year?
12. What 3 things do you say to yourself most often?
13. What limiting beliefs do you have?
14. How do you empower yourself?
15. What 3 life lessons have defined you?
16. What are you looking forward to next year?
17. What are you looking forward to in the next 10 years?
18. What accomplishments have made you the proudest of yourself?
19. What legacy do you want to leave behind?
20. If you had a magic wand, what would you change about the world?
21. What makes your heart smile?
22. What stresses you out?
23. How do you usually respond to negative situations and people?
24. Do you like the person you are? Why or why not?
25. If your life had a mission statement, what would it be?
26. Are you currently living your life's mission?
27. What 5 principles do you live by?
28. Name 5 goals you want to accomplish in 5 years
29. Name 5 things you will do to reach them
30. If you got a glimpse of yourself 10 years from now, what would you like to see?
31. If you had 3 days off of work and no responsibilities to take care of, how would you spend them?
32. What do you want?
33. What don't you want?
34. What do you need?
35. What do you need to get rid of?
36. What's your favorite season? Why?
37. If being a millionaire was guaranteed no matter what you did, what kind of work would you choose to do?
38. What does a perfect day look like to you?
39. What's something you couldn't live without?
40. What calms you?