Updated: Jan 10, 2020
In a recent post, I talked about how singles have sensationalized relationships so much that we insist on waiting to live our lives until we have someone to do it with. Thinking back to when I finally put my fantasies to rest and decided to venture out and do things on my own, I remember being at a complete loss for ideas! I had to genuinely take time to figure out what I like to do apart from what would be fun and cute to do as a couple.
After some time and self-discovery, I learned that the things I loved to do the most were the super simple things that we tend to overlook in search of the "big thing." So I decided to compile a list of some simple things that every single woman should do at least once in hopes that it would give you a good start to discovering the things that you love to do as well.
1. Have a private listening party for a new album that just came out
2. Splurge on a nice fragrance
3. Treat yourself to dinner at a new restaurant
4. Take yourself to a concert. Get a VIP ticket!
5. Go to a festival
6. Read a book at the park
7. Wake up early to watch the sunrise
8. Find a high hill in your city and watch the sun set
9. Visit a friend or family member who lives out of town
10. Plan your dream life. Let your mind wander- visualize it and write it down!
11. Go to an art show or museum
12. See a play or performance
13. Go to a movie. Forget the diet for the night and have your favorite snacks!
14. Treat yourself to a fancy dessert
15. Take a stay-cation at a nice hotel in your city
16. Go for a long joy ride
17. Try a new recipe
18. Create a playlist with all of your favorite songs and have a private dance party
19. Go to a store you can't afford yet and window shop
20. Go to a store you can afford<