Updated: Jan 10, 2020
In a recent post, I talked about how singles have sensationalized relationships so much that we insist on waiting to live our lives until we have someone to do it with. Thinking back to when I finally put my fantasies to rest and decided to venture out and do things on my own, I remember being at a complete loss for ideas! I had to genuinely take time to figure out what I like to do apart from what would be fun and cute to do as a couple.
After some time and self-discovery, I learned that the things I loved to do the most were the super simple things that we tend to overlook in search of the "big thing." So I decided to compile a list of some simple things that every single woman should do at least once in hopes that it would give you a good start to discovering the things that you love to do as well.
1. Have a private listening party for a new album that just came out
2. Splurge on a nice fragrance
3. Treat yourself to dinner at a new restaurant
4. Take yourself to a concert. Get a VIP ticket!
5. Go to a festival
6. Read a book at the park
7. Wake up early to watch the sunrise
8. Find a high hill in your city and watch the sun set
9. Visit a friend or family member who lives out of town
10. Plan your dream life. Let your mind wander- visualize it and write it down!
11. Go to an art show or museum
12. See a play or performance
13. Go to a movie. Forget the diet for the night and have your favorite snacks!
14. Treat yourself to a fancy dessert
15. Take a stay-cation at a nice hotel in your city
16. Go for a long joy ride
17. Try a new recipe
18. Create a playlist with all of your favorite songs and have a private dance party
19. Go to a store you can't afford yet and window shop
20. Go to a store you can afford and ACTUALLY shop!
21. Spend the day visiting consignment/antique shops in your city
22. Get a mani/pedi
23. Get a professional facial or make a DIY facial using what you have in your kitchen
24. Go listen to live music
25. Get a good view of the moon and star gaze
26. Take a class. Cooking, painting, pottery, dance, workout, photography. Look at what's offered in your city!
27. Go to a part of your city that you don't venture into often and explore
28. Go on a hike
29. Go on a missions trip
30. Start a bullet or daily reflection journal
31. Start or create a 30-day challenge for something you want to improve on
32. Plan a girls trip!
33. Face a fear
34. Join a Meetup group in your city and choose an upcoming event to attend
35. Find a conference to attend - For singles, women, business, personal development, ect.
36. Choose a skill that you have and think of a way to make an income doing something you love!
37. Use a hashtag on Instagram to find a dope photographer in your area and schedule a photo-shoot! (#atlantaphotgrapher)
38. Plan a game night at your house
39. Drive to the nearest beach and stay in an awesome AirBNB
40. Redecorate your bedroom or work space
41. Get a massage
42. Write out your life's story to pass down to your children and grandchildren. Add to it every year!
43. Test drive your dream car
44. Write down everything you want your dream home to have and look for it online
45. Talk to God about what you want your future husband and marriage to be like. Decide on 5 qualities you need in a husband and 5 non-negotiable deal-breakers.
46. Plan an international trip. Turn this into a S.M.A.R.T. goal so that it actually happens one day!
47. Go shopping in your closet. Revisit the pieces that you forgot about and make a donate/sell pile to make room for new pieces that you need.
48. Have a movie marathon. Twilight, Hunger Games, Harry Potter, Sex and the City, ect.
49. Revamp or re-purpose a piece of furniture you're tired of looking at
50. Sit quietly and ask God to speak to you. Write down what you think He is saying
Let me know which ones you plan to try! And which ones you do already!